OPO IV World Conference on Phenomenology: Reason and Life. The Responsibility of Philosophy
- The OPO IV Meeting will take place in Segovia (Spain), September 19-23, 2011, at the IE University (Santa Cruz la Real Campus, Cardenal Zúñiga 12).
- The theme of the meeting is «Reason and Life. The Responsibility of Philosophy». Contributions to the meeting may address the general theme from a phenomenological point of view or from the application of phenomenology to different scientific disciplines.
- The meeting is open to different Phenomenological Organizations and related academic institutions. They can participate as SPEAKERS or LISTENERS. Speakers and Listeners have right to the meeting materials, to participate in the OPO meeting and the programmed social activities.
- Each member organization of OPO has a right to register two speakers.
- For the general public, who are not members of OPO are welcome to register as AUDIENCE. They have a right to the meeting materials.
(A) All Participants MUST REGISTER at the meeting by completing the registration form AND PAYING the corresponding registration fees:
|Registration fee for participants|
|November 2010-31 March 2011|| 50 euros|
|1 April-15 June 2011||65 euros|
|16 June-16 August 2011||80 euros|
|Later than 16 August||Not possible|
(B) Audience members who would like to obtain the meeting materials, please take a register paying 40 euros for the registration fee.
- Papers may be read in any language. The paper must be written in English.
- Papers must be original. Eventual publication is subject to the right of first refusal.
Rules for PAPER PRESENTATION
- Presentation time. Speakers are given 30 minutes to present papers, followed by 15 minutes of discussion.
- Title and Abstract of papers:
- Must be written in English and sent no later than May 25th, 2011.
- Please send title and abstract to both Agustín Serrano de Haro (email@example.com) i Xavier Escribano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maximum number of words in the Abstract: 250 words.
- Format of papers:
- Must be written in English.
- Submitted in Word format, in 12-point Times New Roman with 1,5 spacing.
- Maximum length: 15 pages.
- Submission deadline:
16 June 2011. NEW DEADLINE: JULY 10th 2011
- Papers will be printed out as copies and distributed at the Meeting.
- All papers will be available on a CD and all participants will be given the CD on the last day of conference.